The terms and conditions found here may seem very strict and bordering on paranoid and perhaps they are. However the opportunity to engage in such an incredible course in world class establishments comes with certain responsibilities and pressures and we cannot be seen to take too few precautions.
Our primary aim is to protect the donors and the donor families, as well as the institutions we work in. The field of dissection and body donation is sensitive and we have no desire to fuel any prurient or inappropriate interest.
The class is there to enable you the therapist to better help your clients and patients and as guests of universities and medical schools it is important that they know and trust that we will behave respectfully and appropriately at all times.
If you wish to write about or share your experience, then you will be given guidance during the class as to how to do this, however we will ask to see what you write before anything is circulated.
Thank you for your understanding.
- Classes are open to Health Professionals and Allied Health Professionals working or studying in the field of physical therapy, movement therapy or a related field. If in any doubt regarding whether you qualify, please contact me.
- All attendees will be required to undergo a registration process and submit a brief professional CV giving relevant qualifications, memberships of professional bodies or institutions and may be required to participate in an enrolment phone call, should this be requested or required by Functional Fascia or the host institution. You will also be asked to provide one professional reference.
- All attendees will be required to complete a legally binding, non-disclosure declaration, stating that you will not disclose any information to any third party regarding the location of the class being held, the staff of the institution, any details regarding the donor material or the specific nature of the class, unless specifically authorised to do so in writing by Julian Baker or any authorised agent of Functional Fascia.
- All attendees will be required to sign a waiver form stating that we are not responsible for any harm that befalls you in the dissecting room or for any harm that might befall you from any other attendee. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All attendees agree to participate in the general maintenance, tidying and cleaning of the dissecting room, break out areas and any other areas designated for our use at the end of each day.
- Any reports, articles, sketches, audio recordings or video recordings made in relation to the content of the class may only be published following approval in writing of the content, by Functional Fascia, the host institution or any authorised agent of the aforementioned.
- No cameras, mobile phones or any other visual recording equipment is allowed in the dissection room. Anyone found with any such equipment will have this equipment confiscated, will be removed from the class immediately with no refund of course fees and may be subject to further investigation by relevant authorities.
- A dissection class is run subject to the availability of donor material. Whilst every effort is made to ensure that the class is run, the host institution cannot guarantee this supply. We therefore reserve the right to cancel a course at any stage for any reason. In the unlikely event of this happening the full course fee will be refunded.
- Functional Fascia accepts no liability for other costs incurred in relation to travel or accommodation.
- All deposits are non-refundable, except in the case of cancellation by Functional Fascia, and are as follows:
2 day course: No deposit, pay in full at time of booking
5 day course: Deposit of £200
10 day course: Deposit of £250
- If enough notice is given, we can transfer your deposit to another of our courses one time only.
- Course fees must be paid in full one month before the commencement date of the class, unless otherwise arranged.
- Course fees cannot be refunded after this time or at any time after the commencement of the course. We recommend that you take out insurance to cover any eventualities that may prevent you from attending or requiring you to leave early.
We will repay course fees as follows:
- Up to 3 months prior to the start of the class – 50% of course fees, minus the deposit
- Up to one month prior to the start of the class – 25% of the course fees, minus the deposit
I cannot emphasise enough that it is the kindness of the donors and their families who make this class possible. We ask that you at all times keep this in your thoughts and generate a mind of respect and gratitude to those who have given the gift of their form at the end of their lives.
For more information on body donation and the regulations surrounding it, please visit. www.hta.gov.uk